Based in Montreal, Studio Artefact imagines, designs & builds taylored décors and experiences for a wide array of clients in North America. Since 1986, we have developed a unique expertise and incomparable knowledge in the field of immersive thematic experiences, while offering our customers a turnkey experience. Do you want to be part of a dynamic & creative team and evolve in a growing company? Are you a motivated industrial designer? We have a permanent full-time position for you!
We are looking for a 3D designer to complete our team of industrial designers to manufacture plans from preliminary concepts while respecting the technical constraints of production and installation.
The departments involved are: 3D printing, digital cutting, welding, carpentry and sculpture.
- 3D design of decorations from existing or custom products.
- Ideation on the best manufacturing methods according to the projects.
- Design of plans and assemblies.
- Ordering hardware/management specific to each project.
- Development of the digital files necessary for the production.
- Production follow-up of active projects.
- Modifications and revisions of drawings according to recommendations and feedback.
- Training and mastery of Solidworks is a must, minimum 2 years experience
- Knowledge of the materials specific to the industry (wood, steel, plastics, aluminum…)
- Knowledge of measuring devices
- Already worked in a workshop (asset)
- Passionate about a job well done
- Curious and resourceful
- A good team player
- Good geospatial vision
- Good analytical ability
- Speed of execution & resolution of technical problems
- Ability to lead several projects simultaneously and to work with tight deadlines.
- Good listener
- Be involved at all stages of the projects.
- Interest in thematic layout and set design.
If this offer corresponds to you then we are impatient to meet you!